background

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Spread Some (Book) Love

For Valentine's Day, I am making little felt bookmarks for each of my kiddos!  
All you need is:
Felt
Floss
Embroidery Needle
Scissors
Heart Pattern





First I made two patterns.  One for the bookmark and one for the embellishment heart.  I cut these out of cardstock.  The bookmark is two hearts attached because you will fold it.

I then pinned them to the felt and carefully cut around the pattern.  (you could trace with a marker then cut if you wish)

Next, I sewed the small hear to the left side of the bookmark with floss.  I used two strands at about a yard length.

Last, I folded the bookmark and sewed it together using the remaining 4 strands of floss at about a yard.  This is a little tricky.  You have to go through both layers at the bottom "V" but only the top layers on the bumps of the heart.

Ta-da!  A perfect reminder that reading is lovely! 
And then I got bored and made this owl!


No comments:

Post a Comment