background

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wishing for Spring

Today was a great day at school.  We did a ton of Spring cleaning, possibly inspired by the new "floral" air freshener I picked up off one of those cute displays at Walmart.  So, to keep up the spirit, I created a giant tissue paper flower.  The inspiration came from Martha Stewart here.  Although I tweaked it a bit to make a more "flat" flower.
Steps:

1.  Fan fold two sheets of tissue paper together.  Back and forth, back and forth.  (And I actually used 3 sheets on the largest flower)

2. tie the center.  I used sewing floss, Martha used wire.  Whatev.

3. Round the edges.

4.  Fan it around until it makes a circle and tape.  I used double sided because it's the best.

*Repeat two more times making each flower shorter.

5.  Sew the three flower layers together.  I used floss once again and sewed through one at a time then back up through all of them then back down.

6.  Attach string to hang in between the second and third layer.  I just kinda wrapped it around.

Tada!

Happy Spring wishing :)



2 comments:

  1. They'd make a great craft for Mother's Day. I remember doing something like that when I was in kindergarten (no sewing though). I must have had quite the crafty kindergarten teacher.

    How big is that? The one I remember making is about the size of my cupped hands and was not flat, very fluffed.
    --Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember doing something like this for Mother's Day too! This one is really big, around two feet in diameter, but I bet it I could easily be scaled down. You may have just inspired some future crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete